We’re excited that you’ve chosen to make your first online purchase of a firearm with us here at Shoot Straight! It is a relatively easy process, but it can be confusing for first time shoppers. We created this brief guide to help you complete your online purchase hassle-free. All local, state, and federal laws apply.
STEP 1 – Arrange the transfer with an FFL dealer
Your FFL dealer is the gun shop of your choosing that you want your order shipped to. FFL stands for Federal Firearm License, and by federal law we cannot ship firearms to any place other than a shop holding a valid FFL. Shoot Straight does not ship to home based FFLs under any circumstance. Before you make an online purchase, you should:
- Contact the FFL dealer to inform them that you would like to have a firearm transferred to them from Shoot Straight.
- Provide the FFL dealer with our contact information so they can send a copy of their FFL to us. Our contact info is below:
- Ask about their transfer fee. Most FFL dealers charge a fee for incoming transfers that is paid at pick up.
— Local Pickup —
Shoot Straight offers a local pickup option where you can choose to have your order shipped to one of our Florida locations. We do not charge a transfer fee or shipping fee for our local pickup option. If you would like to use local pickup, ensure that you click select the option “CLICK HERE TO PICKUP THIS ITEM” in your shopping cart or on the checkout screen.
We have physical store locations in:
- Apopka – 1349 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka, FL 32703
- Casselberry – 4700 S. US Highway 17-92, Casselberry, FL 32707
- Clearwater – 4594 Ulmerton Rd., Clearwater, FL 33762
- Ft. Lauderdale – 2200 S. State Road #7, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- Ft. Myers – 2418 Colonial Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL 33907
- Lakeland – 230 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801
- Sarasota – 2335 University Pkwy, Sarasota, FL 34243
- Tampa – 3909 N. US Highway 301, Tampa, FL 33619
- West Palm Beach – 7171 Southern Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33413
STEP 2 – Make your online purchase
- Create an account or log in.
- Enter your address under the Billing section and the Shipping section on the My Account -> Addresses screen. Make sure they match!
- Add the item to your cart (or return to the cart if you already added it)
- Choose your FFL location during checkout in one of the following ways:
- Choose an FFL location from our database
- Choose Local Pickup
- Send the FFL’s information to us directly at [email protected]
- Use the order notes box for the Name, Address, and Phone # of your FFL
- Review and submit your order.
STEP 3 – Pick up your firearm from the FFL dealer
Once your order arrives at your chosen FFL dealer, call them to find out when you can pick up your order. If you chose the Local Pickup option, a Shoot Straight employee will call you when your order is received and ready for pickup. Any FFL dealer will have you complete a Form 4473 and will submit a background check through NICS. Bring these items with you to ensure the background check is a smooth process:
- A valid state driver’s license or government ID
- A valid Concealed Carry Permit (if applicable)
Check your local and state laws for more information on purchasing a firearm.
FIREARM SALE DISCLAIMER:
PLEASE FULLY INSPECT THE FIREARM BEFORE TAKING POSSESSION FROM THE FFL DEALER! Once a customer takes possession of a firearm, the sale is considered FINAL and NO REFUNDS are given. For firearms not taken possession of, all return orders, for any reason, will be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Shoot Straight, Inc. does not engage in the sale of firearms to the following states:
Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Washington, Washington, D.C.