Surefire ProComp 556 Muzzle Brake AR-15 1/2″-28 Thread Steel Matte
About Surefire ProComp 556 Muzzle Brake AR-15 1/2″-28 Thread Steel Matte:
The advanced SureFire ProComp 556 muzzle brake, which fits M4/M16 weapons and variants with 1/2″-28 muzzle threads, greatly reduces both recoil impulse and muzzle rise so that the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery. Its patented Impulse Diffusion design minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects. The ProComp 556 duplicates the design of the SureFire SOCOM SFMB-556-1/2-28 muzzle brake, but unlike the latter it cannot be used to mount SureFire SOCOM suppressors.
Precision machined from US mill-certified steel bar stock—including high-precision cut threads for optimum thread interface—the ProComp 556 muzzle brake has a black Melonite finish that provides maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions.
The SureFire ProComp 556 muzzle brake has a blind pilot hole at the 3 and 9 o’clock position to enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics for individual shooting styles or ammunition characteristics.
Each ProComp 556 muzzle brake is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Promise.
- Offset porting greatly reduces recoil impulse and muzzle rise so the weapon tracks straight back to keep you on target for faster shot-to-shot recovery
- Precision machined from US mill-certified steel bar stock
- High-precision barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Pilot holes for tuning of muzzle brake and to pin-and-weld on short-barreled rifles
- Black Melonite coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions
- Installation requires no permanent modifications for M4 / M16 / AR15-type weapons
- Fit: AR-15, M4, M16
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO, 223 Remington
- Material: Steel
- Finish: Black Melonite
- Threads: 1/2″-28
- Length: 2.67″
NOTE: SureFire ProComp muzzle brakes are stand-alone muzzle devices and do not serve as mounts/adapters for any SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors.